Sunday, July 29, 2012

Easy as P.I.E!

This year I really want to improve my writing instruction along with reading, science, social studies well,.........everything else!   Last year, things were a little lack-luster in our writing workshop-to say the least!  So I just finished whipping up some brainstorming and writing papers that I'm going to use during the first couple weeks of school to introduce Authors Purpose. You can grab these for free at my TPT store by clicking on the picture below.



Students will learn what it means to Persuade, Inform and Entertain, write a piece for each purpose and then select which piece they want to publish.  I'm going to use the papers in conjunction with Hope Kings awesome and free Author's Purpose packet.  I love all of her stuff over at 2nd Grade Shenanigans!


I'm hoping that by introducing this early on my students will be thinking about Authors Purpose every time we read and write throughout the year!

No comments: